11.8.10

But you're never there when I turn around!



Did the best that I could, said I'd die for you, and I would. But I drowned all those feelings in the flood. Need to know if you're there, if you're listening to my prayers, to my tears... Feel like raindrops through the mud.


How was I to know that a year ago I'd need to read between the lines, and every lie? And that's why every time I fall asleep my dreams are haunted, and every time I close my eyes I'm not alone, and every time I cry I'm right back where you wanted. I try to drown you out, so down goes another one.


Living Fast, dying young, but I'm living with what you've done. Now I face accusations, I won't run. No.
I'm starting to remember things that you said, I'm unravelling what they meant. But the world moves on, you're just another one.


And how can I go on? 'Cause when I'm in the sun, I see your shadow on the ground. But you're never there when I turn around.
Every time I fall asleep my dreams are haunted, and every time I close my eyes I'm not alone, and every time I cry I'm right back where you wanted. I try to drown you out so, down goes another one.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares